- Submissions Due: NOON on Friday, March 23, 2018
- Submission Site: Startup Compete, CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
- Finalists Announced: Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Competition Date: Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Time and Location of Competition: 5:00 p.m. at the Rotunda
CLICK HERE to RSVP to attend the Competition
The Launch! Competition reflects the practices and requirements of investors today. As such, a traditional “plan” is not required. Your submission should include the following:
One page executive summary (see Resource section for examples)
10 – 15 page PowerPoint, including:
- Clear description of the product or service being offered
- Discussion of the market for this product or service
- Outline of the business model and value proposition
- Discussion of what you’ve done to de-risk your business, and an outline of the next steps for you and your team
- Overview of the management team
- Optional: Projected financials
- Optional: Video “elevator” pitch (2 – 5 minutes)
Participants should be able to speak to the sales cycle, price point, product distribution, competitive advantages, and barriers to entry. Please Upload your submissions via Startup Compete using the following format for labeling your documents: VentureName_LastName_Launch.doc. The slides you submit in Startup Compete do NOT have to be the slides you use for the final competition.